Country Merchandising Director– Fashion - Number One Multibrand Fashionbrand Retailer in Belgium - Brussels
Description de l'entreprise
A renowned Belgian Fashion Retailer (number 1 in Belgium ; > 70 different brands, > 100 moi euro turnover) based in Brussels with a passion for the latest clothing trends is looking for a « country merchandising director Belgium ».
Description du poste
As Country Merchandising Director, you are a key-member of the Management Team
You lead, coordinate and develop the “Buying ” team (> 12 FTE) in charge of the purchasing and assortment policy for >70 Fashion Brands:
You are responsible for the sell-through of the purchased goods in line with the margin & cash flow objectives:
• You lead the competitive market research and the purchasing & sales data analysis.
• You contribute to the brand strategy, in line with the management guidance.
• You translate the sales target into purchasing requirements (brand selection, product quality, volume, margins and expected sell-out timing)
• You assist the buyers in approaching key suppliers, support them with tools, coaching and vision
• You inspire a culture of anticipation and rigor while ensuring that short-term sourcing opportunities are met in due time (reactivity)
• You will work in close collaboration with the logistics, retail and marketing departments in order to achieve the company’s objectives.
• You have a passion for the latest trends in clothing, preferably with a background in women’s wear.
• Strong understanding of the numbers and the new market trends
• Affinity with market dynamics in fashion
• Strong relationship-building trackrecord and assertive negotiation skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and respect deadlines
• Mastery of FRENCH Or DUTCH & ENGLISH is required . All other languages are a plus.
• You have a passion for retail & for managing a large team (12 FTE)
• Based very close to Brussels, frequent travelling.
• A key-role within the leadership team
• To be part of an entrepreneurial and very « people- & result » oriented team
• A truly unique and pleasant working environment in a green environment close to Brussels