Junior Category Manager American Tourister
Description de l'entreprise
Founded in 1910, Samsonite is the world’s leading luggage brand with an extensive legacy in trendsetting travel solutions. Renowned for breakthrough research, development and its commitment to innovation, Samsonite has excelled since its inception in a number of industry firsts. Samsonite offers an extensive range of travel, business, casual, kids and personal accessory products. Samsonite helps travellers journey further, with ever-lighter and stronger products.
Description du poste
The incumbent will be part of the European Marketing Team reporting to the Category Manager. He/she will fully support the Category Manager by providing operative and strategic professional assistance.
He/she will build and maintain an excellent relationship with the Category Manager, Communication and Digital Team, R&D, Demand and Supply team, the European markets, external suppliers and any other internal and external parties.
•Proactively manage range direction and propose a clear strategy for the range and how to maximize sales and profitability.
•Manage the given product category/ies from product brief to market launch.
•SKU management: very carefully manage the product assortment through their entire life cycle from Phase in to Phase out.
•Analyse market trends and consumer preferences.
•Identify new business opportunities to drive innovation and/or commerciality.
•Provide detailed professional ad hoc analysis and transparent reports to fully support the company strategic decisions.
•Gather detailed and relevant information from local markets through permanent communication with the field.
•Deliver information to the forecasting and supply team on SKU level for key lines.
•Provide any other general administrative support to the Marketing Department.
- Possess an University degree, preferably in marketing/business/textile/fashion
- Demonstrate at least 2 years of experience in product development or category management in a consumer goods environment, ideally from sports or travel goods industry (bags, backpacks, luggage and accessories).
- Have a high level of product expertise to create industry leading products.
- Be multilingual with excellent knowledge of English.
- Possess a strong commercial drive and awareness.
- Have a strong affinity for fashion, lifestyle and trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be pro-active, flexible and organised.
- Continuously pay strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be driven with a strong desire to succeed, with a can-do attitude.
- Be self-starter; flexible, responsive, determined and a completer.
- Show the ability to perform well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a multicultural and changing environment.
- Act as an ambassador of the brand(s).
Samsonite is offering an exciting professional challenge and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.