District Manager be
Pays : Belgique
Région : Région flamande
Province : Brabant Flamand
Ville : Zaventem
Catégorie : Réseau
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
As District Manager you will lead a designated retail district, demonstrating leadership and accountability to manage a variety of stores across different models and geographies. You'll drive revenue productivity and Ebit by achieving and exceeding KPI's for a cluster of stores, ensuring profitability of the stores and excellence of the customer service provided. You will build, develop and lead by example a high performing team of store managers, demonstrating engagement and acting as brand ambassadors focusing on exceeding their business objectives.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Drives Growth and change
- Achieve and exceed revenue targets for their own district by:
- Analyzing, driving, monitoring the store targets and KPIs, ensuring they are understood and in control of Store managers and that the roles and responsibilities are clearly set & explained to the store staff team
- Identifying business opportunities to increase store revenue and profitability, building and implementing immediately action plan to seize them
- Ensuring that the shopping experience is great for all customers to reinforce Brand image and increase SOT (Sales Over Traffic)
- Act as a Change Agent to of new ways of working. Continuously seek new opportunities to to the team
- Understand company strategy and how to share and implement it across the district.Customer Centric
- Focus on ensuring a seamless Customer Experience and across the whole district, taking omnichannel footprint into account. Proactively make improvements.
- Keep the consumer/customer at the core when executing strategy and solutions to deliver on the end-to-end experience.
- Build strong brand expression and act according to LS&Co. values and expectations
- Drive culture and manages team to LS&Co. values and expectations. Act as a Brand and Company ambassador at all times.
- Bring business perspective to people management & focus development on the types of business outcomes associated with specific functions in stores
- Drive and reinforce change swiftly & decisively when impacting the workforce
- Prioritize coaching both instore & personally and provide support to individuals and leadersOperational Excellence
- Leverage existing tools and processes to develop a consistent routine across stores, aligning them on the best
- Anticipate change, proactively act on problems, and reach positive outcomes, thanks to an effective collaboration with key partners and stakeholders.
- Train and share best practices with Franchisees' DM to ensure compliance to Levi's standards.People Leader
- Build strong teams & cultivate an engaged, diverse and inclusive workplace
- Be a role model to your team, always exhibiting a positive mindset & leading by example.ABOUT YOU:
Education / Work Experience
- Degree in Business or equivalent by relevant experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position for a Fashion or Lifestyle retailer.
- A previous experience as a Store manager is mandatoryJob specific functional expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to deliver clear and inspiring presentations
- Expert in store mathematics, P&L and KPIs
- Extensive knowledge of denim is a strong asset
- Demonstrates good knowledge of Visual Merchandising and understands Product Assortment
- Has strong analytical skills
- Used to manage remote store staff teams
- Pragmatic problem-solving attitude
- IT Literate and system minded
- Tech savvy: understands how to leverage technology in daily work