European Vat Compliance Manager
Pays : Belgique
Région : Région flamande
Province : Brabant Flamand
Ville : Zaventem
Catégorie : Audit - Conseil - Juridique
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. We just might be the original startup. Our brands - Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. - stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
And for more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. There's plenty of room to make your mark here. We employ more than 15,000 people around the world, and this is a place where everyone contributes to the conversation.
The EU VAT Compliance Manager position is a dynamic and fast-paced role, reporting directly to the head of VAT and working with all of Levi's European business units, San Francisco headquarters and outside service providers. The job involves managing our European indirect tax compliance activities, providing advisory and special project support to the business on indirect tax matters, interacting with taxing authorities on audits and other requests and providing indirect tax training.
We're looking for candidates with an in-depth knowledge of indirect tax law who are smart, able to work independently and can communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and who have a proven track-record of delivering pragmatic and value-added solutions.
- Manage European VAT compliance;
- Advise the business on indirect tax matters;
- Work closely with our external VAT compliance outsourcing partner;
- Ensure that the VAT-related information in the ERP system is complete and accurate;
- Implement process improvements to improve efficiency and accuracy in VAT reporting;
- Resolve day-to-day queries in respect to AP, AR and inter-company in close relationship with our Shared Services Centre;
- Assist the HQ Finance team/Shared Service Centre with VAT accounting processes (VAT Netting, reconciliation, Manual VAT entries,...)
- Manage VAT audits and other queries from tax authorities across Europe;
- Assist with the implementation of new VAT requirements and VAT optimizing projects;
- Work with Europe and San Francisco tax team and other functions to assess the VAT implications of new projects and business initiatives;
- Provide VAT training
- A minimum of 6 years on EU VAT compliance, preferably including experience within a Big Four accounting firm or international company;
- Bachelor or Master degree in accounting, law or economics;
- Strong understanding of EU VAT rules;
- Good level of English (both written and oral);
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
Personal Characteristics & Behavioral Competences:
- Strong communication skills;
- Team player;