Global Head of Merchandising - Dockers
Pays : Belgique
Région : Région flamande
Province : Brabant Flamand
Ville : Zaventem
Catégorie : Merchandising
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
We're looking for a Global Head of Merchandising for the Dockers Business that is both strategic and dexterous throughout business development, wholesale, retail and digital to promote the international growth of the Dockers brand. This is a leadership role within the Dockers organization and an incredible opportunity to build and shape an expanding business from the ground up. Building upon an already successful team and an early stage of team growth, the Global Head of Merchandising oversees the strategy of product assortment, promotion, pricing, and placement in-store across all categories to maximize sales and profit. You will lead a team of Merchandisers across multiple categories. You will provide leadership by empowering direct reports with ownership over their individual categories and meets the target metrics of sales, COGS, margin $, inventory productivity, market share, and overall profitability. You will foster a culture of collaboration across the organization to improve work processes that improve quality, customer satisfaction, sales and profitability.
About the Job
- This is a role that has global reach. You are an expert in the industry, one who understands market share and opportunity to grow, across several markets, internationally.
- You are an expert in connecting the dots and create product ideas to succeed in the marketplace.
- You will direct the creation of a consumer-focused global product strategy across different markets
- You will oversee category development and execution of category strategy with consideration of regional merchandising teams to develop a compelling and global product offering for a category or segment
- You will ensure that regional brief requirements are developed and briefed to licensee partners.
- You will lead the development of an assortment strategy to follow brand's look and feel and achieve financial targets
- You will partner with the Dockers Strategy team and your peers in Design, Product, Merchandising Planning and Sales to determine the long-range category plan and ensure metrics for multiple categories and influence Strategic Business Plan (SBP) and strategy
- You will work with marketing partners to develop and maximize brand/category plans.
- You will encourage and maintain feedback amongst all organizational partners while working with Sales and Direct to Consumer Teams to improve brand/category product representation and strategic plans. This will include analyzing promotional strategy.
- You will achieve sales, share, profit targets, while balancing customer loyalty and new ideas
- You will develop a pricing strategy to improve financial performance across all categories
- You show an understanding of the customer perspective through decisions that increase loyalty.
- You will identify new ideas and opportunities within the organization and act to implement change to improve results.
- You will foster a culture of collaboration to support merchandising decisions, directives and projects.
- Examples include working with Marketing to maximize wholesale, owned and operated, digital customer and eCommerce growth; Sales and Sales Operations to implement promotions throughout the year to propel sales; Merchandising Planning and Inventory Management on strategy to ensure product availability aligns with our needs, exit strategies are planned, and appropriate tradeoffs are managed
- Ensure all merchandising operations align with the defined category management principles- develop processes and audit mechanisms where there are gaps and coaching others to develop competencies
- Empower and challenge direct reports to manage their category
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership experience in Merchandising (wholesale/retail) or related function in the apparel industry.
- You have experience in a matrix organization and working collaboratively across departments.
- You have demonstrated ability to guide analysis into action.
- You identify future business opportunities or risks and to develop strategies to address.
- You have financial understanding of the drivers of profitability both for us and our customers.
- You identify competitor and retail changes which may affect our business.
- You have experience developing and leading Global Merchandising Teams.
- You are passionate about the opportunity and building something special and learn from mistakes.